Wednesday, May 17, 2006

HIGH SCHOOL REUNION


I can't wait 'til Saturday. The much-awaited homecoming of our batch has finally materialized. There were several futile attempts by certain groups to gather the brightest, most good-looking alumni of class 1988 but I guess the right time has come.

I hope to see several personalities in this gathering. Top of my list is my high school "tropa" which includes Techie, Ana, Raquel, Gloria, Cecile, Lourdes and Clay. I guess Techie won't be there because she's in the States and she wasn't notified early on. Ana is in Muntinlupa, married with four kids. I haven't heard from her since time immemorial. Raquel is in Subic. The organizers told me they were able to contact her but were not sure if she's coming. Cecile is one of the "komite de pestejos" who prepared the audio-visual eklavu gimmick for the event. Lourdes, the baby of the group, is having second thoughts whether she'll go with her hubby (Charlie, another alumnus) or not. She has to take care of their FIVE kids. I repeat- FIVE. Clay will have the chance to say goodbye to us before leaving for Australia to be with Larry (her husband, an alumnus too) and their kidoks. Gloria, my closest pal, will be going with me. She's the panganay in our cicle. Maagang lumandi yan. She was 18 years old when she gave birth to Jezreel- my inaanak. She got separated at 21 and remarried at 34. She had numerous flings with other guys in between. Gloria is my confidante, my sister, my spa-manicure-pedicure buddy and my surrogate mom too (",)

I'll be blogging about my high school girl friends later on.

Now going back to my list. I also want to see my crush, Rico. (Geesssh...now I'm having those high school kilig feelings again...ahihihi..) I swear he looked like Clark Kent with that ooommpphh body and sexy eyeglasses. Kaya nga code name ko sa kanya nun SUPERMAN. ( Yiii....baduuyyy noh??! ) He was also a top CAT officer back then and girls would swoon over him everytime he takes over and gives commands to the entire batallion. Last thing I heard of him he was separated from his nagger-of-a-wife (ayon sa aking bubwit) which got me into thinking: so pwede na kame ???

Lastly, I wanna meet my former teachers again; those that left an indelible mark in my young life. There's Mr. Marquez (our gay Math teacher who once joked "Girls, get your Algebra book. Boys, your Alge-brief"), Mrs. Tuquib (another Math teacher who was also my KUMARE because we were neighbors back then and my mom became friends and I eventually became ninang to her eldest ) and Mrs. delos Santos, who was like a mom to our barkada. ( Epal kase kame kaya close kame sa mga teachers. ) Strange, but all my favorite teachers are MATH teachers and ironically, I hate the subject; in fact, I ABHOR it. Siguro nga masokista ko.

Haayyy...excited na ko. The reunion would be very simple. No big fuzz, no achuchuchu presentations of sorts. Just a gathering of the brightest, most gorgeous batch that our school has ever produced.

Hail, Alma Mater!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodluck on your reunion, pearl. Hope to be reading about it, and post some pics too! :-)

Have a great weekend...

LIPAD PARUPARO LIPAD! said...

Oh yeah snglguy, i will post our pics..it sure was a blast! :-)

Unknown said...

One movie comes to mind: Romi and Michelle's High School Reunion

Nakoh edi sobrang pamper-pamperan portion na ito! Malamang prep up and make kikay with your friend Gloria!

Goodluck and cheers!

kamoteng-pusit said...

Wow!!! HS Reunion!!! Wahahaha!!! Saya nyan!!! Makikita mo kung sino na ang mukang matanda sa mga dating klasmeyts!!! Hehehehe!!! Apir!!! Enjoy the parteyyy!!! =)

LIPAD PARUPARO LIPAD! said...

momel>>> hi kagandahan! sadly everything was a rush so we weren't able to "beautify" ourselves..besides di na kelangan. nyahahaha!!!

puset>>> korak ka dyan ! glad to have you here again bro! AFIR!