Sunday, May 28, 2006

BRYAN ADAMS, MARRIAGE AND OTHER ECLAVUS


When you love someone - you'll sacrifice
You'd give it everything you got and
you won't think twice

You'd risk it all -
no matter what may come
When you love someone
You'll shoot the moon - put out the sun
When you love someone…


I was on my way home, half-asleep in an FX when I heard this heartwarming ditty by Bryan Adams. I’ve heard it several times before but haven’t really paid much attention to the details of the song until yesterday.

It transported me back to the time when I and the ex-man were so much in love, back when I clung onto his promise of bringing me to the altar, build a family and live happily ever after. I guess I stopped believing in fairy tales because mine ended just before it started. In a snap of a finger, everything changed. One minute he was so determined and assuring and then the next, he became so unpredictable. He said he wasn’t ready yet and he had other plans; and surprisingly, I wasn’t part of the itinerary. It all happened during our seventh year. That was three years ago yet until today, I have no idea why he chickened out on us.

I think that Marriage is for the brave and the selfless. Brave and man enough to stand on your ground, ready to face the risk of taking another soul into your life. Selfless to share everything you got, and even willing to give what you don’t have. That is why I salute all those couples who decided to take a plunge together into the marriage pool of uncertainties and challenges: my sis and Jake, Abby and Ton, and to all the others out there who have made up their minds to share their lives together. I just hope that it was a decision made out of genuine love.

As for me, I am still waiting. Waiting if God indeed has destined a man out there for me. Yes, I do feel lonely sometimes. Frankly speaking, I envy my sis who seems so happy and contented now with li’l Zoe and husband Jake. She felt complete. Although I don’t personally believe that you need a man to complete you (contrary to Jerry Mc Guire’s popular quote, You complete me ). I think YOU COMPLEMENT ME would be more appropriate .

Sorry, that bitter root in my heart has resurfaced again. ‘to kaseng si Bryan Adams eh. But, no, I’m okay. I’m doing great. I have my sweet and caring family with me. I’ve got good friends, blog and text buddies who I consider my stress-relievers, and a decent job that gets me through the financial crunch.

Excuse me while I wait for someone to shoot the moon and put out the sun for me.

*Just a repost from an old blog entry. Medyo may pagkasenti kase...eh senti mode ako ngayon. Basta walang kokontra.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there friend. musta? may balita pala ako sayo. pero balitaan mo muna ko. hehehe.

LIPAD PARUPARO LIPAD! said...

sis! what a surprise! (",) kakainis naman ito..what news naman ito?? anu namang ibabalita kow? :-)

Anonymous said...

Marriage isn't really what it's cut out to be. Trust me, I've been there. But I do hope you'll find that 'special' someone. :-)

Anonymous said...

perlassss!!!!!! wahahahahahaha!!!! wala lang *mona lisa smile*

LIPAD PARUPARO LIPAD! said...

meeiiii!!! WAAAHH!! what's with that mona lisa smile?? i KNOW that smile! hanubah??

LIPAD PARUPARO LIPAD! said...

his steph..welll..si ex...i'm not sure about it yet but...wait na lang ako...wait na rin lang kayo...hehehe...ABANGAN!

Unknown said...

I’ve got good friends, blog and text buddies who I consider my stress-relievers

I always believed in the same thing. Hey Pearl, pwede ko bang i-quote to soon in a later post? I lurve it.

Cheers!

LIPAD PARUPARO LIPAD! said...

sureness momel! :-) *hugs*